I find that, now that I have a blog, I feel obligated to post stuff in it periodically. The fact that I know very well that nobody but me reads it has little effect on this. This results in my putting up posts that are just lists of links, out of a lack of anything worth saying. This does have a nice side-effect, though--now I can find that cool link I saw the other day, even if I've forgotten where I found it.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Science is cool, but mad science is even cooler.
- Dr. Horrible is a 45-minute musical by Joss Whedon (of Buffy, Angel, and Firefly). It will probably get its own post later.
- Narbonic is a (finished) comic strip about the adventures of a mad scientist and her henchmen.
- A Miracle of Science is a (finished) graphic novel: She's a psychologist, and a member of a group mind. He's a detective, hunting down mad scientists and bringing them to justice (or at least therapy). Together, they fight crime! 435 pages of mad science, space battles, robots, and true love.
- Girl Genius is a (ongoing) graphic novel set in a steampunk Europe. The artwork is just beautiful.
- Wikihistory is a short short story about time travel, in the form of message board posts. It doesn't quite fit the theme, but what the hey.
- Casey and Andy is a (finished) comic strip about two mad scientist roommates who periodically die. It's not really up to the standards of the rest of this list, but it is funny.