Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Cross my heart, hope to die, stick a needle in my CPU.

The last few days I've noticed my laptop making a rattling sound when I move it, like a small bit of plastic had broken off and was loose inside. It was bugging me, so I opened it up today to remove whatever it was. When I got it all apart, I found an inch-long metal straight pin (think a small needle without the eye) on the motherboard. So, I'm very thankful my computer is still working properly. It couldn't have been on the motherboard before I took it apart, or else I would have seen worse symptoms than a rattling sound. I can't imagine how it got in there in the first place. In short, I don't know if I'm very lucky, or very unlucky. I'm just glad my computer still wor+σéQRPÿ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of your profile views, I would like to take credit for at least a dozen (okay I'm not sure - maybe not that many) but I spent a while watching how every time I clicked on the blog and then went "back" and clicked on it again, the "profile view" count would go up. this entertained me for a substantial portion of my work day.